So people always ask me how my first year at UCLA was, and to be honest, I don't really know how to answer the question. I usually answer with "It was really different. Not what I expected. I didn't do as well as I wanted." Having some time to think about it now, I still don't really know how to answer the question. Taking one of the hardest classes (biochem) in my first quarter at UCLA definitely didn't help with my transition from classes at GCC to classes at UCLA. It was like going from playing pop warner football to playing for the 49ers. Also, living with roommates made me realize that I have to be careful with the people I choose to live with. I thought it would be okay living with a friends from GCC but I realized that I like them, but can't really stand living with them.
I guess to sum it up in one word or phrase, my first year as a full fledged bruin would be "transition" or "learning experience". I've matured more as a student, being able to somewhat space out my studies, as well as learning how i study best. Sort of. I'm really going to miss dorm food though. Time to make friends with some freshmen.
No comments:
Post a Comment